Observations by Rick Rosendall
Capital Pride Community Dialog and Board Meeting
National City Christian Church
May 8, 2017
1. Dialog is a two-way street. It is not furthered by mining people’s online profiles for ammunition against them.
2. Our community’s diversity includes diversity of views.
3. Some of us have done intersectional work for years. It requires mutual respect.
4. I did not reject right-wing coercion only to embrace left-wing coercion.
5. Our movement is not static. Police involvement in Pride is a sign of progress.
6. The private sector has long led the public sector in LGBTQ protections. If you deny them due credit, few people will take you seriously.
7. We need to build bridges, not burn them.
8. No one has a monopoly on justice. We can work in different parts of the vineyard.
9. If you seek justice, behave with justice.
10. I thank the Capital Pride board members for their grace under fire.